Here is an exclusive interview with Albin Myers made us on Beat My Day. Albin is – as I’m sure you’re aware of – a great DJ/producer, and with tracks like There 4 You & Jump he’s in for the long run! Here he tells us a little bit about himself and St. James, his favourite producer, his mohawk and upcoming releases from the Swede, check it out!
1. Hello Albin, tell us a little bit about yourself.
- I’m a music producer/DJ from Stockholm, Sweden, making house music for party people!
2. Your recent release There 4 You featuring St. James fullfilled all expectations and turned out to be a great summer track, what made you choose St. James as the vocalist for your track?
- I had worked with St. James a couple of years ago making some music that never was released, but when I started to make There 4 You I just came to think of him again and that he would be perfect for the track. He is such a talented vocalist. We had alot of fun making the track!
3. We hear you’re working with a new track with St. James, what can we expect and have you chosen a name for it yet?
- Me and James have some new projects but nothing is complete and only time will tell when we are going to release the next bomb haha!
4. We have seen a lot of different sides of you and your tracks during the last years, which kind do you prefer and which of your productions in your career are you most proud of?
- Well I have many favourites. Here’s a list of some of them:
Albin Myers feat. St. James – There 4 You
Albin Myers – Jump
Erick Morillo, Richard Grey & Jose Nunez feat. Shawnee Taylor – Life Goes On (Albin Myers Remix)
John Dahlback – Hustle Up (Albin Myers Remix)
Taped – The Question (Albin Myers Remix)
5. Which DJ/producer would you prefer to do a back-to-back session with if you could chose from anyone?
- In production I would love to do something with Axwell. He is so skilled and talented and has a good ear for mixing. In the DJ booth would a back-to-back set with Erick Morillo be nice!
6. You seem to be a very funny and inspirational guy, I just have to ask, whats up with that mohawk?
Haha! The Mohawk has been hangin’ around for a long time now and it’s a part of my image so you will see this haircut a couple of more years I guess!
7. At last, have you got any other productions in progress expect that track with St. James. If not, have you got any collaborations planned?
New tracks are made all the time and you will see some new stuff coming out soon. Me & John Dahlback got some tracks together. One is called MyBack – Trigger, which will be released on Chuckie’s label Dirty Dutch. And ofcourse my Romani Beats track with Walodjia will come out early September.
/Beat My Day
4 Comments to “Beat My Day Exclusive Interview With Albin Myers!”
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 25 June, 2013