When two of Sweden’s hottest House exports joined the country’s most hotly tipped newcomer, the outcome was never going to be mediocre. But that is very much the theme for the meticulous legacy Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso as two-thirds of the globes hottest Electronic outfit to date. Since first engaging the budding talents of Alesso for collaborative floor-filler ‘Calling’, it was evident that the young producer had outgrown his underdog status and we entered 2012 with high hopes for this stirring new school contender.
Never ones to disappoint in the face of hysteria, Angello and Ingrosso join the young Refune warrior for an extraordinary offering like none other by either artist. Drawing on the flawless samples of Mirock’s 2011 Stealth Records slammer by the same name, this Swedish onslaught draws on the unexpected for its new years resurrection. Flowing seamlessly from its early acid rises into a dark yet progressive romp of clubworthy carnage, any expectations that could have been mustered are blown out of the roof and just when we thought we had seen ever trick in the book the Swedes had to offer, here they are back on track to prove their legacy is anything but a short term fling for Electronic Dance Music.
Words by Dan Carter
44 Comments to “Preview: Ingrosso, Steve Angello, Alesso – Eclipse (Why Am I Doing This)”
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 20 May, 2013
- WOWWOWMaison & Dragen - WOW all day
- EchoesEchoesHenrik B, Niklas Gustavsson & Peter Johansson – Echoes all day
- BuzzcutBuzzcutBingo Players - Buzzcut all day
- Never Say GoodbyeNever Say GoodbyeHardwell & Dyro feat. Bright Lights - Never Say Goodbye all day
- Bad GuyBad GuyGregori Klosman & Tony Romera - Bad Guy all day
- PhantomPhantomFehrplay - Phantom [Pryda Friends] all day
- 21 May, 2013
- 23 May, 2013