Having accumulated a diverse discography of remixes for the likes David Guetta, Kaskade, Tiësto and The Temper Trap, Australian House pundit and Phazing head honcho Dirty South has become a vital tool in bridging the gaps within Electronic music’s ever-expanding sights. Taking on the recently inaugurated powerhouse that is Miike Snow fresh from their second studio album, the LA based producer turns his steady ear to the realms of Swedish Pop with intrinsic style for his remix of ‘Devil’s Work’. Feeding heavily off Andrew Wyatt’s unmistakable top line and the originals abrupt piano progressions, the formative House master crafts a memorable revamp as aptly suited for the club as it is the Beatport charts. Substantially heavy-set and increasingly melodic, this is a standard setting offering for both Miike Snow and the powerful Australian remixer.
As chosen this week’s Essential New Tune by Pete Tong, the Dirty South remix will be released April 25th via Sony Music.
Update: Official sample added
Words by Dan Carter
23 Comments to “Preview: Miike Snow – Devil’s Work (Dirty South Remix) [Sony]”
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 20 May, 2013
- WOWWOWMaison & Dragen - WOW all day
- EchoesEchoesHenrik B, Niklas Gustavsson & Peter Johansson – Echoes all day
- BuzzcutBuzzcutBingo Players - Buzzcut all day
- Never Say GoodbyeNever Say GoodbyeHardwell & Dyro feat. Bright Lights - Never Say Goodbye all day
- Bad GuyBad GuyGregori Klosman & Tony Romera - Bad Guy all day
- PhantomPhantomFehrplay - Phantom [Pryda Friends] all day
- 21 May, 2013
- 23 May, 2013