Remodelling the vocal stylings of Etta James in an outright Progressive House anthem takes some real balls. But to the avail of Sweden’s latest Electronic superstar and the legacy of America’s late Blues legend, Avicii has proven himself a producer capable of bridging every imaginable gap with his widely acclaimed crafting of unforgettable moments in global Dance music.
With an already teeming reputation for epic vocal outings, Tim Bergling employs the delicate and distinctly tuned vocal work of fellow Swede songsmith Salem Al Fakir for his next elevated take on the globe’s most imitated genre to date. Providing a ‘lump in the throat’ outing of memorable leads and warm melody, ‘Silhouettes’ tenderly rakes down memory lane to pull at the heartstrings of club music with a sincere nod to youth and its unmistakable energy. In ideal transitions from its fruitful instrumentals and apathetically charged vocal line, Avicii’s forthcoming single could well be an early premature landmark for 2012, a year with his name written all over it.
Words by Dan Carter
18 Comments to “Release: Avicii feat. Salem Al Fakir – Silhouettes [Le7els / Universal]”
Today's Events / Releases
- WOWWOWMaison & Dragen - WOW all day
- EchoesEchoesHenrik B, Niklas Gustavsson & Peter Johansson – Echoes all day
- BuzzcutBuzzcutBingo Players - Buzzcut all day
- Never Say GoodbyeNever Say GoodbyeHardwell & Dyro feat. Bright Lights - Never Say Goodbye all day
- Bad GuyBad GuyGregori Klosman & Tony Romera - Bad Guy all day
- PhantomPhantomFehrplay - Phantom [Pryda Friends] all day
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 21 May, 2013
- 23 May, 2013