As far as Beatport topping assets by pairs go, Australia’s Stu Tyson, better known as Bass Kleph and unique British Tech monger Filthy Rich remain a collaborative force to be reckoned with. Returning to the familiar realms of Toolroom Records, their latest joint venture for volume one of the imprint’s annual Ibiza compilation deals the same enigmatic quality that we have come to associated with this multi-cultural studio get-up.
Fusing Tyson’s more instrumentally refined House stylings with the deep groove orientated play that has excelled Rich’s reputation across Europe, ‘Damage at the Disco’ stays true to its name and warps the fine disco leads with one of the finer specimens of exotic beat work to emerge for 2012. Staying true to the sun kissed mindset that takes Toolroom by storm about this time of year, Kleph and Rich are relentless in their extension of the ongoing belief that while too many chefs can spoil the broth, excessive talents can work wonders where the impending soundtrack to the Ibizan summer is concerned.
‘Damage At The Disco’ will be released on June 3 via Toolroom Records.
Words by Dan Carter
2 Comments to “Preview: Bass Kleph & Filthy Rich – Damage At The Disco [Toolroom]”
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 20 May, 2013
- WOWWOWMaison & Dragen - WOW all day
- EchoesEchoesHenrik B, Niklas Gustavsson & Peter Johansson – Echoes all day
- BuzzcutBuzzcutBingo Players - Buzzcut all day
- Never Say GoodbyeNever Say GoodbyeHardwell & Dyro feat. Bright Lights - Never Say Goodbye all day
- Bad GuyBad GuyGregori Klosman & Tony Romera - Bad Guy all day
- PhantomPhantomFehrplay - Phantom [Pryda Friends] all day
- 21 May, 2013
- 23 May, 2013