Despite the confusion that had surrounded Adrian Lux’s appearance at this years Summerburst Festival in Gothenburg, the announcement of his own afterparty stirred a considerable volume of hysteria from all those in attendance at Sweden’s inaugural Summer Dance music festival for 2012.
As we arrived at Gothenburg’s Trädgår’n just before 2am, the post-festival hysteria had already caught up with the venue. Whatever the discrepancies regarding the nights entry fee and his absence from the festival itself, the ardent cheers of those lucky enough to slot inside the venue signaled that despite the confusion, the night could only end in a spectacular showcase from one of Sweden’s most hotly tipped newcomers to date.
It was not long after 2am that Adrian Lux relieved the calls of his fans, taking to the stage with a skilful mash-up of his vocal piece ‘All I Ever Wanted’ and Pryda’s ‘Sunburst’. Erupting into a sea of pumping fists, the crowd could well have overpowered the venues security guards, but stayed rooted to the cause of reeling in the glory of Lux’s return to the more intimate shades of Swedish clubbing. As the Swede raised both hands into the air to welcome his excitable homeland fans, a sense of national pride soared throughout the now spirited crowd, filling the air with euphoric energy and exuberant presence for an artist so fresh off the mark and yet notably successful on a universal level. As he clambered upon the monitors to spur-on those lucky fans that made it into the roadblock event, Lux’s ability to bring both ardent energy and extensive variety to the table furthered the speculation that among the crowds of hopeful EDM all-stars, the young Swedish producer remains a crucial asset to the industry. Balancing his set with original material from his self-titled debut album for Ultra and an array of Balearic and melodic tunes from across the spectrum of EDM, his exuberant return mustered a suitable volume of fresh Pryda material throughout his heartrending set. While his turntable maneuvers were greeted with a double-dose of subtle LED visuals, Lux let his music do the talking for the entirety of his set, using his comfortable stage presence to lead a melodic onslaught upon the sold-out crowd at Trädgår’n. After taking to the mic for a third time to introduce a fresh ID from Nause, Lux signed off with a modest dialogue to the crowd before launching into a final union of his own ‘Wildheart’ alongside Eric Prydz’s mighty ‘AGAG’ to take the nights emotive charisma to an affirmative climax.
Within the 90-minutes of Adrian Lux’s perfectly timed takeover of Gothenburg, we saw an artist so rife with spirit that Lux’s homeland return could well have been that of a proud melodic House veteran to the caliber of Sweden’s many EDM legends. Dealing a sound more than potent enough to have fuelled Summerburst Festival several times over, it would be surprising not to see the young Swede formally make the bill for next year’s summer spectactle.
Adrian Lux feat. Dante – Burning (Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl Remix)
Nause – ID
01. Adrian Lux feat. Jocke Berg – All I Ever Wanted [Ultra] w/ Pryda – Sunburst [Virgin]
02. Albin Myers – Hells Bells [Dim Mak] w/ Eric Prydz vs. Floyd – Proper Education [Pryda]
03. Justice – Audio Video Disco [Ed Banger] (Edit)
04. Adrian Lux feat. Dante – Burning (Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl Remix) [Ultra]
05. Calvin Harris – Feel So Close [Sony] (Edit)
06. Bobby Burns – Next [Stealth]
07. Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay – In My Mind (Axwell Mix) [Axtone]
08. Eric Prydz & Andreas Postl – Mighty Love (Instrumental Mix) [Virgin] w/ Adrian Lux feat. The Good Natured – Alive (Acappella)
09. Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime [Axtone]
10. Adrian Lux – Weekend Heroes (Bauer & Lanford Remix) [Ultra]
11. Martin Solveig – The Night Out (A-Trak Remix) [Mixture]
12. Sander van Doorn & Adrian Lux – Eagles [Doorn]
13. Wax Motif – Astra [White]
14. Pryda – Allein [Virgin]
15. Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound [EMI]
16. Adrian Lux – Angels (Ken Loi Remix) [Ultra]
17. Adrian Lux feat. Lune – Fire [Ultra]
18. Nause – ID [White]
19. Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso – Calling (Instrumental Mix) [Refune]
20. Pryda – Agag [Virgin] w/ Adrian Lux & Axel Bauer – Wildheart (Acappella)
Photos taken by Stureplan.se