From Pier 94 to sharing the stage with Madonna at UMF, there is no denying that the live presence of Swedish superstar producer Avicii has well and truly exploded. But live footage have revealed a new state of the art stage show to accompany his live appearances throughout his ”Le7els” tour.
First premiered at Coachella without the functionalities of the moving platform, the first stop of the North American leg of his ‘Le7els’ tour, which runs from June through to August, showed off the full potential of this exciting new live endeavour for the popular Swede. While the image of a large head may not be significantly epic, the potential for a flying aspect makes for a groundbreaking development in live DJ sets.
About halfway through his set, the several thousand strong crowd at Tampa Bay Times Forum last night watched as four wires lifted the top of Avicii’s much talked about new head production to then slowly move it forward over the crowd on a moving track connected to the ceiling. After spending a solid 10-20 minutes winched down considerably far from the actual stage, the platform then finalized the trick with a reverse movement towards the stage and docked back onto the head.
Some amateur photos of the top of the head in action:
/Dan Carter & Anton
21 Comments to “Avicii debuts flying feature of new stage production in Tampa”
Today's Events / Releases
- WOWWOWMaison & Dragen - WOW all day
- EchoesEchoesHenrik B, Niklas Gustavsson & Peter Johansson – Echoes all day
- BuzzcutBuzzcutBingo Players - Buzzcut all day
- Never Say GoodbyeNever Say GoodbyeHardwell & Dyro feat. Bright Lights - Never Say Goodbye all day
- Bad GuyBad GuyGregori Klosman & Tony Romera - Bad Guy all day
- PhantomPhantomFehrplay - Phantom [Pryda Friends] all day
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 21 May, 2013
- 23 May, 2013