The valiant return of Swedish Dance icon Eric Prydz has mustered some rather special industry landmarks for 2012. Off the back of his highly anticipated full-length Pryda album, episode two of his monthly EPIC Radio extends the melodically refined grandeur of last month’s debut podcast instalment.
Racked with a stern collection of unreleased productions, personal edits and remixes, the hotly tipped ‘Ocean Drive’ and ‘Fabric Test’ reign in as a firm indicator that his already sterling efforts this year were by no way the definitive aspects of his career. Signing off with the heartfelt tribute to his daughter ‘Leja’ and Aphex Twin’s abstract anthem ‘On’, the second instalment of Prydz’s EPIC Radio remains as essential to the bigger picture in his genre as the dignified Swede heavyweight has proven throughout his long serving career.
01. Eric Prydz – Bootshaus ID
02. Wolfram feat. Haddaway – Thing Called Love (Legowelt Special Dub Remix – Eric Prydz Edit)
03. Eric Prydz – Creamfields ID (9min)
04. Pryda – Ocean Drive
05. Golden Girls – Kinetic (Jeremy Olander Edit)
06. Cirez D – ID (25min)
07. Robin S – Show Me Love (Eric Prydz Unofficial Remix)
08. Pryda – Fabric Test
09. Joel Mull – Soursweet (Petar Dundov Remix – Eric’s Private Tweak)
10. Pryda – Leja
11. Aphex Twin – On
Words by Dan Carter