Always on hand to show that Dutch House music isn’t all bleeps and euphoric synths, aspiring Breda producer Dannic and the likeminded homeland peer Jordy Dazz unite for a tough yet melodic upheaval upon the late summer clubbing season.
Back on track for Hardwell’s Revealed imprint once again, ‘Fuego’ embraces both artists’ obsession with intense percussive developments alongside the strong melodic surges and uplifting peak time energy that has characterised the label and its up and coming roster of late. In a sharp and defined installment of European Dance music at its more untamed heights, Dazz and Dannic breath another surge of adrenaline into the industry with yet another quality cut in the name of ascending Dutch talent.
‘Fuego’ will be released September 10.
Words by Dan Carter
As premiered on Jamie Jones and Seth Troxler’s take-over of Pete Tong’s Essential Selection earlier this month, Jamie Jones, Lee Foss, Luca C and Ali Love return to officially preview the first track from their forthcoming Hot Natured album for Hot Creations.
Rife with elegant melodic swirls and the infectious vocals that drive this emotively cleansed pace-setter, the quartet engage in the atmospherics of the infamous Balearic chill while trampling a whole new dimension upon the imprint’s forward-thinking legacy of unpretentious knee jerkers. Although this year’s Ibiza season has officially come to it’s end, this dreamy lush business of deep grooves and breezy vibes makes up yet another impressive effort in their ongoing quest to perfect the deep house anthem.
‘Benediction’ will be released October 29 on the Jamie Jones and Lee Foss’ Hot Creations label.
Following up on the late July release of the Pete Tong-approved original, Russ Chimes’ ‘Back 2 You‘ returns for round two with a soulful remix from British House connoisseur Hot Since 82.
Borrowing significantly from the refined deep and reverberated House grooves of the original, Hot Since 82 follows up ‘Knee Deep In Louise‘ to plunge deep into the energetic Deep House vibes that the Leeds producer has become synonymous with of late. Embracing the forward-thinking motions yet again, his take on ‘Back 2 You’ deals an exquisite standard setter catered valiantly for the less predictable avenues of the summer clubbing.
Slated for release September 17 via Positiva Records.
In the aftermath of Thomas Gold’s hard-hitting remodel, Digitalism’s ‘Zdarlight’ classic receives a second fresh lick of paint for 2012, courtesy of Flamingo flagbearer Fedde Le Grand and his acclaimed protégé Deniz Koyu.
In a melodic mixture of rising Progressive House and chugging synth leads, this old school/new school collaborative force find themselves well in their element with an intense take on a sound the Holland-based duo have come to master over the past 2 years. Pitting their sturdy signature sounds alongside the timeless melodics of the original, Fedde Le Grand’s return to Toolroom Records alongside Koyu marks a promising and respectful extension of a 21st century classic.
Set for release on September 10.
Update (5/9): The official video is now available.
Say what you will about the wait, but as the countdown to their highly anticipated ”People of the Night” album grows closer, AN21 and Max Vangeli certainly haven’t lost their melodic charm enroute to this definitive landmark release.
Joined by familiar House top liner Julie McKnight, AN21 and Max’s signature melodic stylings are given an emotively charged extension courtesy of McKnight’s enchanting vocal stylings. Balancing distant keys and those familiar Size-esque synths with little sense of turbulence, it is evident that the ranks of Size Records has inspired a certain spell of wonderment for the collaborative force.
Up-and-coming Swedish DJ Joakim Larsson launches a new series of mixtapes entitled ”Blow Up” to close out the month of August with a creatively put together first episode. Blazing through such fresh material as Bass Kleph’s ‘When You Were Deep‘, the instrumental version of M-3ox and Dan Brown’s ‘Next To You‘, John Dahlback’s latest Joia Records release ‘Comet‘ and more, Larsson shows off with an instalment of solid transitions, formidable energy and a string of personal mashups.
01. Zedd feat. Matthew Koma – Spectrum (Deniz Koyu Remix vs. A-Trak & Clockwork Remix) [Interscope] (Joakim Larsson Mashup)
02. Giovanni Bottai – Rockets [Oxyd]
03. Hot Mouth feat. Chris James – Totally Worth It [Rising]
04. Topher Jones – Brohammer (Nari & Milani Dub Remix) [Ultra] w/ Avicii & Sebastien Drums – My Feelings For You [Vicious] (Joakim Larsson Mashup)
05. Knife Party – Rage Valley [Earstorm / Big Beat] w/ Florence & The Machine – You’ve Got The Love (Mark Knight Remix) [Toolroom] (Joakim Larsson Mashup)
06. Bass Kleph – When You Were Deep [Vacation]
07. Hard Rock Sofa & Swanky Tunes – Here We Go [Axtone]
08. Mario Larrea feat. Jennifer Levy – Belief (Chris Lake Edit) [Rising]
09. Mpho – Box n Locks (Armand Van Helden Dub) [Parlophone]
10. John Dahlbäck – Comet [Joia] w/ Nicky Romero & ZROQ – WTF?! [Protocol] (Joakim Larsson Mashup)
11. Dave202 – Vintage [S2] w/ Alter Ego – Rocker (Prok & Fitch vs. My Digital Enemy Remix) [Skint] (Joakim Larsson Mashup)
12. Rob Marmot & My Digital Enemy – African Drop (Tom Staar Remix) [Wall]
13. M-3ox feat. Dan Brown – Next To You (Instrumental) [Heat]
14. Deadmau5 feat. Chris James – The Veldt (Tommy Trash Remix) [Mau5trap]
Now a globally acclaimed connoisseur of all things filthy and Electro filled, Australia’s celebrated fuzz-master Tommy Trash brings his distinct Electro stylings for a long overdue debut at Denver’s Beta Nightclub. Luckily for those unable to make it to Denver, Beta Nightclub will be broadcasting his entire performance live in high-quality audio and video via uStream. Armed with a slew of collaborative efforts alongside Albin Myers, Sebastian Ingrosso and more as well as the freshly unveiled ‘Truffle Pig‘, club-goers in attendance and Dance music fans from across the globe alike are given the opportunity to catch the Aussie globetrotter as he makes his first appearance at the Denver club.
The stream has ended.
01. Tommy Trash – The End [Downright]
02. Moguai & Tommy Trash – In N Out (Tommy Trash Club Mix) [Mau5trap] w/ Florence and The Machine – You’ve Got The Love (Mark Knight Remix) [Toolroom]
04. Steve Angello – Rave N Roll (Nom De Strip Rework)
05. Tommy Trash – Cascade [PinkStar]
07. ID w/ Dada Life – Kick Out The Epic Motherfucker [So Much Dada]
08. Tommy Trash – Truffle Pig w/ The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army
09. Tommy Trash – Monkey See Monkey Do [Rising]
10. Rob Marmot & My Digital Enemy – African Drop (Tom Staar Remix) [Wall]
11. Steve Aoki feat. Wynter Gordon – Ladi Dadi (Tommy Trash Remix) [Ultra]
12. Michael Calfan – Mozaik (Hook N Sling Remix) [Stealth]
13. R3hab & Swanky Tunes feat. Max C – Sending My Love (Tommy Trash Instrumental Remix) [Wall] w/ Calvin Harris – Flashback (Acappella)
14. ID w/ Thomas Gold – Sing2Me [Axtone] w/ Red Carpet – Alright (Acappella)
16. Tommy Trash – Future Folk [Musical Freedom]
17. Gesaffelstein – Control Movement [Bromance]
18. Cubic Zirconia – Darko (Tommy Trash Remix) [Fool's Gold]
20. Tommy Trash vs. Digitalism – Falling (Tommy Trash Remix) [Spinnin] w/ Empire Of The Sun – Walking On A Dream (Acappella)
21. Albin Myers – Hells Bells [Dim Mak] w/ Eric Prydz vs. Pink Floyd – Proper Education
22. Galantis – Tank [Robotberget]
23. Dirty South & Thomas Gold feat. Kate Elsworth – Alive (Tommy Trash Remix) [Phazing]
24. John Dahlback – Grunge [Mutants]
25. Gregori Klosman – ID w/ Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus
26. John Dahlback feat. Erik Hässle – One Last Ride (Tommy Trash Instrumental Remix) [Mutants] w/ The Killers – Mr. Brightside (Acappella)
27. Nicky Romero – Toulouse (Tommy Trash Remix) [Spinnin] w/ Daft Punk – Harder, Better Faster, Stronger (Acappella)
28. The Aston Shuffle vs. Tommy Trash – ID [Axtone]
29. Deadmau5 feat. Chris James – The Veldt (Tommy Trash Remix) [Mau5trap]
30. Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash – Reload [Refune] w/ Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Save The World (Acappella)
Having showcased their experience at this year’s Miami Music Week with episode two, Toolroom Records returns to put Ibiza in the spotlight with episode 3 of their Toolroom TV series.
Toolroom label manager Pete Griffiths catches up with Dance music veterans Wally Lopez and Paul Oakenfold at this year’s International Music Summit to talk about what makes the white isle so special, with David Guetta joining in for an exclusive interview to discuss his F*** Me I’m Famous parties, his music output and how he felt about meeting legendary producer Nile Rodgers for the first time. The legend that is Carl Cox gives his view on Space and Ibiza in general, Mark Knight brings aboard Grandmaster Flash, Friendly Fires drummer Jack Savidge and Miguel Campbell to discuss the Toolroom Knights opening party at Space and Fedde le Grand and Deniz Koyu’s upcoming remix of Digitalism’s ‘Zdarlight’ makes it’s official debut (6:29 in the video).
As premiered on David Guetta’s DJ Mix earlier this month and played by Steve Angello, Aussie globetrotter Tommy Trash returns to the forefront of forward-thinking club music to present his latest original work, entitled ‘Truffle Pig’.
With a soundscope somewhere between the chunky beats of Deadmau5, modern French touch and the grinding properties of Trash’s signature Electro stylings, ‘Truffle Pig’ plays out aptly to it’s title with festival-esque substance. As he prepares for the release of ‘Reload’ alongside Sebastian Ingrosso and with further collaborative efforts with Albin Myers and more on the way, ‘Truffle Pig’ sees Trash keep his promise of focusing solely on original tracks for the remainder of the year while acting testament to the fact that Electronic music with creative soul still exists amid the Dance explosion.
‘Truffle Pig’ is out November 6th on Fool’s Gold Records.
Update (30/10): Official preview added.
Update: Video of Steve Angello playing the track has been added.
Macedonia’s Aleksandar Galoski flashes back on the month of August to give us a look on his favorites of late. Collecting tracks from across the spectrum for a 60 minute mix of diverse proportions, heavy-hitting new material from Sander van Doorn, Julian Jordan and Michael Woods are met with funky House à la Defected and Bass Kleph. It features axisONE’s Dirty South-approved ‘Mach‘, Supernova’s ‘The Light Goes On‘, Hot Mouth and Chris James’ ‘Totally Worth It‘ among others.
01. Alesso feat. Matthew Koma – Years (Vocal Mix) [Refune]
02. Shinedown – Unity (Matisse & Sadko Remix) [Atlantic]
03. Deniz Koyu feat. Wynter Gordon – Follow You [Big Beat]
04. Hot Mouth feat. Chris James – Totally Worth It [Rising]
05. Jed Harper, Dzeko & Torres – Diamond Rings (Michael Woods Edit) [Provoke]
06. Mikael Weermets & Nico De Andrea feat. Yasmeen – I Found You [Musical Freedom]
07. Zedd & Nicky Romero – Human [Interscope]
08. Sander van Doorn & Julian Jordan – Kangaroo [Doorn]
09. axisONE – Mach [Macarize]
10. Something Good feat. Sansa – Before Dawn [Nocturnal Groove]
11. Supernova – The Light Goes On [Defected]
12. Bass Kleph & Travis Emmons – Electrical Funk [Vacation]