An emotional rollercoaster of countless industry firsts – the Swedish House Mafia have rightfully earned their place in the history books of Electronic music. But as the standard setting figureheads of Dance music prepare to bow out with their last collective tour, BBC Radio 1’s Pete Tong played host to the formal premier of their latest studio single ‘Don’t You Worry Child’ as this week’s essential new tune.
Perhaps a notion to their own family bonds or to the wealth of young admirers that their club stylings have accumulated over the years, this emotional follow-up to ‘Greyhound’ is a fittingly sincere soundtrack to the end of their reign on global Dance music. Employing the heart-rending vocal skills of John Martin, the trio exercise a strong sense of euphoria for this suspected studio finale. As melodically refined and energetically stirring as their infamous reputation would dictate, ‘Don’t You Worry Child’ is yet another chapter in the studio careers of Steve Angello, Sebastian Ingrosso and Axwell that will remain on record as the peak of an influential force who came, raved and loved to the very end of their landmark industry venture.
Update (16/8): ”Don’t You Worry Child” will be released September 14.
Update (7/9): The official acoustic version is now available. Check out the notes and lyrics here.
Words by Dan Carter
54 Comments to “Preview: Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Don’t You Worry Child”
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 20 May, 2013
- WOWWOWMaison & Dragen - WOW all day
- EchoesEchoesHenrik B, Niklas Gustavsson & Peter Johansson – Echoes all day
- BuzzcutBuzzcutBingo Players - Buzzcut all day
- Never Say GoodbyeNever Say GoodbyeHardwell & Dyro feat. Bright Lights - Never Say Goodbye all day
- Bad GuyBad GuyGregori Klosman & Tony Romera - Bad Guy all day
- PhantomPhantomFehrplay - Phantom [Pryda Friends] all day
- 21 May, 2013
- 23 May, 2013