With a new original alongside Swanky Tunes and Hard Rock Sofa on the way, brotherly duo Matisse & Sadko release their jam-packed 60 minute mix for September 2012. Blazing through a 13-track selection of euphoric highs and grinding lows, the Russians’ latest mix features the likes of John Dahlback’s new Toolroom release ‘Sing That‘, the unreleased Swanky Tunes and Hard Rock Sofa remix of ‘Let’s Go‘, Moguai’s remix of ‘Extreme Ways (Bourne’s Legacy)‘, and ‘Toxic Rush‘ by Jewelz and Scott Sparks among others.
01. John Dahlback – Sing That [Toolroom]
02. Kryder vs. Danny Howard feat. Joel Edwards – Sending Out An S.O.S [Spinnin]
03. Mika – Make You Happy (Walden Remix) [Island]
04. Wolfgang Gartner – Love & War [Ultra]
05. Inpetto – Shhhh! (Sander van Doorn Edit) [Doorn]
06. Skytech vs. Fafaq – International Language [Spinnin] w/ Fedde le Grand & Nicky Romero feat. Matthew Koma – Sparks (Acappella)
07. Calvin Harris feat. Ne-Yo – Let’s Go (Swanky Tunes & Hard Rock Sofa Remix) [Columbia]
08. Digitalism – Zdarlight (Fedde Le Grand & Deniz Koyu Remix) [Toolroom] w/ Justice vs. Simian – We Are Your Friends (Acappella)
09. Jewelz & Scott Sparks – Toxic Rush [Flamingo]
10. Moby – Extreme Ways (Bourne’s Legacy) (Moguai Remix) [Little idiot]
11. Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Don’t You Worry Child [EMI]
12. Dirty South & Alesso feat. Ruben Haze – City Of Dreams [Phazing]
13. Bobby Vena & Andy Murphy feat. Livingstone – Let’s Go All In (Whelan & Di Scala Remix) [Onelove]
Uruguayan groove maestro DJ PP makes his return to Hotfingers Music to aid Melbourne’s Silversix inauguration to the label with new single ‘House That’.
Rife with a double-barrelled onslaught of warm House grooves and funk infused trumpets, the carneval-esque focus of ‘House That’ marks a move to the funkier sounds that the post-summer season beckons. Aptly tailored around its infectious trumpet work and firm leads, this is a solid gem of the good time vibes that have been all too commonly overlooked amid the Dance explosion.
Out October 8th.
Off the back of a string of collaborative efforts alongside the likes of Deniz Koyu, Nicky Romero and Johan Wedel, Holland’s Fedde Le Grand is back to unveil his first solo original since last year’s ‘So Much Love‘, entitled ‘RAW’.
In a tough yet melodic production of chugging lead work and festival friendly Electro, the Hardwell-premiered track finds itself well in its element with a blistering take on a sound that Le Grand has not only mastered, but set the standard to an all-time-high for. As infectious as you would expect from the Sensation resident and soaked in that familiar Fedde Le Grand charm, the Dutch heavyweight would struggle to find a more promising return to solo original productions.
Update (26/11): Release date is set for December 24th.
Update: New sample added.
As a gesture to an incredible season at the white isle, last night’s episode of the Essential Selection saw Pete Tong come live from the Cafe Mambo studios to close out the Ibiza season of 2012 with Balearic substance.
Flashing back on the past few months, the last Ibiza special of the year features highlighted releases from the likes of Porter Robinson, Alesso and Nicky Romero along with the highy underrated Maya Jane Coles remix of ‘Spectrum (Say My Name)‘, Deadmau5 ‘There Might Be Coffee‘, a fourth appearance of Hot Natured’s ‘Benediction‘, and more.
Chris Lake, Max Vangeli, Dirty South, Groove Armada, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Disclosure, Miguel Campbell, Alesso, Sebastian Ingrosso and more discuss their favorite moments of the season, Soul Clap are on hand with a soothing guest mix and Candi Staton delivers a vintage ’sunset mix’ before closing out the show and this year’s Ibiza season with Pete Tong live from the infamous DJ booth at Cafe Mambo.
Alesso feat. Matthew Koma – Years (Radio Edit) [Refune]
Porter Robinson – Language [Ministry Of Sound]
Nicky Romero & ZROQ – WTF [Protocol]
Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay – In My Mind (Walden Remix) [Neon]
Otto Knows – Million Voices [Refune]
Florence and The Machine – Spectrum (Say My Name) (Maya Jane Coles Remix) [Columbia]
Deadmau5 – There Might Be Coffee [Mau5trap]
Groove Armada feat. Slata – Pull Up
Julio Bashmore – Au Seve [Broadwalk]
ESSENTIAL CONTENDER 1
Anil Chawla – Bells (Kaiserdisco Remix) [KD]
ESSENTIAL CONTENDER 2
Infinity Ink – Infinity [Crosstown Rebels]
ESSENTIAL NEW TUNE
Hot Natured & Ali Love – Benediction [Hot Creations]
SOUL CLAP GUEST MIX
Pryda vs. Empire Of The Sun – We Are Mirage
Solomun – Kackvogel [Watergate]
Finnebassen – Touching Me [Noir]
CANDI STATON SUNSET MIX
The Source feat. Candi Staton – You Got The Love
Candi Staton – When You Wake Up Tomorrow
Candi Staton – Young Hearts, Run Free
Candi Staton – Hallelujah Anyway (Larse Remix) [Defected]
PETE TONG LIVE FROM CAFE MAMBO
Gotye feat. Kimbra – Somebody That I Used To Know (Marco Faraone Re-Edit)
Michel Cleis – Mir A Nero [Pampa]
Dan Ghenacia & Shonky – Close To The Edge [Apollonia]
Waifs & Strays – Lost (In The Party) [Dirtybird]
Nneka – Shining Star (Joe Goddard Remix) [Decon]
Where Sebastian Ingrosso’s very name resonates with prestige and Australian Electro asset Tommy Trash has beckoned universal appraisal, their union was always going to be a sizeable endeavour. Taking some time out from his movements alongside his peers at Sweden’s hottest Dance export, September 28th sees the long-awaited release of Ingrosso’s ‘Reload’ alongside the delegate of new school fuzz that is Thomas Olsen.
Boasting the signature beefy outlay of Trash’s musical musings, Ingrosso’s knack for intricate detail and memorable melodic play, the juxtaposition of their shared enthusiasm and studio experience is a real treat. Consistent in both style and energy, the transition between ‘Reload’s echoing vocals and raging apex marks an extension of both parties’ already apt eye for game changing opportunities.
Update (2/10): ‘Reload’ just hit #1 on Beatport.
Words by Dan Carter
Few aspiring artists have risen with the same outright vigour as promising German contender Deniz Koyu. But back on remix duty after his heavily supported take on Zedd’s ‘Spectrum‘, the young fast-riser takes on the familiar stylings of Swedish-American indie pop trio Miike Snow for a signature remix of their latest album single, ‘Pretender’.
Utilising Andrew Wyatt’s blissful top line with lengthy pads, mesmerizing melodies and beautiful strings, Koyu lays down a formative number that may not top that of his Refune Records debut ‘Bong‘ but excels on the merits of style and consistency for this proud mark for European Dance music.
Dynamic Russian contender Arty, real name Artem Stolyarov, returns to the London after his June performance at Electric Brixton alongside Axwell and NO_ID. Sure to be showcasing his energetic fusion of modern Progressive House and Trance, September 28 sees Arty celebrate his 23rd birthday with a two hour live stream from the Be-At TV studios in London. With ‘Must Be The Love’ just out, the slew of original tracks and collaborative efforts alongside Axwell, Porter Robinson and Mat Zo he still has in the pipeline should make for an interesting and jam-packed performance.
01. Paul van Dyk feat. Sue Mclaren – We Come Together (Arty Edit) [VANDIT]
02. Arty & BT feat. Nadia Ali – Must Be The Love [Armada]
03. Arty & Mat Zo – Rebound [Anjunabeats]
04. Paul van Dyk feat. Arty – The Ocean [3beat]
05. D-Mad – She Gave Happiness (Arty Remix) [Enhanced] w/ Above & Beyond feat. Richard Bedford – Sun And Moon [Anjunabeats]
06. Arty – Zara [Anjunabeats]
07. Arty – Around The World [Anjunabeats] w/ Nadia Ali – Rapture (Acapella)
08. OceanLab feat. Justine Suissa – Satellite [Armada] w/ Mat Zo – Synapse Dynamics (Arty Remix) [Anjunabeats]
09. Zedd feat. Matthew Koma – Spectrum (Arty Remix) [Interscope]
10. Cosmic Gate – Back To Earth (Arty Remix) [Black Hole]
11. Moonbeam – Hate Is The Killer (Arty Remix) [Virtual Vault] w/ Pendulum – The Island (Acapella)
12. Deadmau5 – Fn Pig [Mau5trap]
13. Mark Knight feat. Skin – Nothing Matters [Toolroom]
14. Arty – Kate [Anjunabeats]
15. Porter Robinson – Language [Big Beat]
16. Pryda – Allein [Virgin]
17. Above & Beyond – Prelude [Anjunadeep] w/ Calvin Harris – You Used To Hold Me (Acapella)
18. Seven Lions – Tyven [Viper]
20. Wolfgang Gartner – Love & War [Ultra]
21. Mat Zo – It’s Yours [Anjunabeats]
22. St. Lucia – September (Alex Metric Remix) [Columbia]
23. Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash – Reload [Refune]
Already associated with a premium blend of tectonic Electro House, Amsterdam’s Dyro follows up his synth-tinged remix of ‘Night Like This‘ to extend the belief that Jordy Von Egmond is out to shake things up for the remainder of 2012.
But making his debut on Protocol Recordings, Dyro is back on remix duty to take on Nicky Romero and Calvin Harris’ Beatport #1, ‘Iron‘. Swapping the original’s wobble-induced instrumental work for a burly take on his grinding signature sound, Von Egmond’s relentless stylings make for a worthy breath of fresh energy into this stand out collaboration.
Out October 8th on Protocol.
In anticipation of his soon-to-be-released Mau5trap Recordings debut and with Swedish House Mafia singing their praises, Nom De Strip reunites with Hatiras for round five of their collaborative affair with ‘Saucy’.
Transitioning from a sleek flare of vintage synths to their signature churning Electro House, ‘Saucy’ ascends into an all-out affair of intricate chord play and infectious leads, marking a blend between old school spirit and new school edge. Where Electro may be proving Dance music’s hit-and-miss sub-genre for 2012, the Canada-based duo stirs a sound degree of enthusiasm for the uplifting energy that this vintage sound scope musters.
Macedonia-based DJ and producer Aleksandar Galoski comes out with a fresh September edition of his monthly series of mixtapes. Collecting tracks from across the spectrum, Galoski presents a 60 minute showcase of diverse proportions. Featuring the likes of Umek’s ‘It Is Simple But It Works Like Fcuk‘, the Alex Metric remix of ‘September‘, Chocolate Puma and Gregor Salto’s ‘Gimme Sum‘ and more, Galoski’s September mix is made up of a refreshing selection of recently released tracks throughout.
01. UMEK – It Is Simple But It Works Like Fcuk 
02. Jeremy Olander – Audio Bug
03. David Amo & Julio Navas – Sinus (Jordy Dazz Rework)
04. Chocolate Puma & Gregor Salto – Gimme Sum [Pssst]
05. Afrojack & Shermanology – Can’t Stop Me (Kryder & Tom Staar Remix) [Wall]
06. AN21 & Max Vangeli vs. Congorock – Lost [Size]
07. St. Lucia – September (Alex Metric Remix) [Columbia]
08. John Dahlback – Sing That [Toolroom]
09. Clockwork – Titan [Mad Decent]
10. Walden – Warmonger [Big Beat]
11. Digitalism – Zdarlight (Fedde Le Grand & Deniz Koyu Remix) [Toolroom]
12. Grant Smillie & Walden feat. Zoë Badwi – A Million Lights (Bauer & Lanford Remix) [Neon]
13. Sultan & Ned Shepard vs. Thomas Sagstad feat. Dirty Vegas – Somebody To Love (Third Party Remix) [Harem]