Outside of his part in whacky House tag-team Duck Sauce, Montreal’s A-Trak is not only the DJ’s DJ, but an impressively outgoing asset of musical differentiation. Joined by Galantis, the side project of Style of Eye, Carli and Karlsson of Miike Snow, the quartet up the ante for a creative cross-nation stomper in ‘Jumbo’.
Teeming with pitch-defying leads and burly low-end riffage that scream nostalgic rave culture, Galantis and A-Trak mark their return with an unorthodox shot of hope for the prevalent genre. Far from your atypical club cut, the Swedish-American collective’s dark and transient get up breaths new and unexpected life into the genre now on everyone’s agenda for the post-summer season.
Update (27/11): ‘Jumbo’ is out on December 4th.
11 Comments to “Preview: Galantis & A-Trak – Jumbo”
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 20 May, 2013
- WOWWOWMaison & Dragen - WOW all day
- EchoesEchoesHenrik B, Niklas Gustavsson & Peter Johansson – Echoes all day
- BuzzcutBuzzcutBingo Players - Buzzcut all day
- Never Say GoodbyeNever Say GoodbyeHardwell & Dyro feat. Bright Lights - Never Say Goodbye all day
- Bad GuyBad GuyGregori Klosman & Tony Romera - Bad Guy all day
- PhantomPhantomFehrplay - Phantom [Pryda Friends] all day
- 21 May, 2013
- 23 May, 2013