A lot has changed on the popular music since the unfortunate passing of Michael Jackson some three years ago. So when his estate came to plan their celebrations of the anniversary of Jackson’s seventh artist album ‘Bad’ alongside Pepsi and Sony Music, the latter chose to embrace the influx op Pop/Chart collaborative stylings with a revamped re-release featuring remastered tracks, unheard demos, and a string of remixes.
Now as aptly poised on the global charts as he is on the Dance floor, Amsterdam’s Nick Van De Wall drops his daring contribution to the anniversary celebrations. But where his celebrity associations were thought to have been Afrojack’s biggest trial by fire to date, his more reserved take on ‘Bad’ is as respectful a remix as possible under the controversial circumstances. Ditching the bleeps for a 128PM breeze over the timeless top line, his digression of grinding chords and severe pitch bends lead with relative consistency, but don’t quite stay true to the original qualities that made ‘Bad’ such a coming-of-age pop anthem. Although acting as a relatively inoffensive nod to the king of pop, the general consensus remains that the work of Michael Jackson is best left untouched.
14 Comments to “Release: Michael Jackson – Bad (Afrojack Club Remix)”
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 20 May, 2013
- WOWWOWMaison & Dragen - WOW all day
- EchoesEchoesHenrik B, Niklas Gustavsson & Peter Johansson – Echoes all day
- BuzzcutBuzzcutBingo Players - Buzzcut all day
- Never Say GoodbyeNever Say GoodbyeHardwell & Dyro feat. Bright Lights - Never Say Goodbye all day
- Bad GuyBad GuyGregori Klosman & Tony Romera - Bad Guy all day
- PhantomPhantomFehrplay - Phantom [Pryda Friends] all day
- 21 May, 2013
- 23 May, 2013