Swedish Electro outfit Dada Life will release their second studio album ‘The Rules Of Dada’ on October 16 via So Much Dada. Following up on 2009’s ‘Just Do The Dada’, ‘The Rules Of Dada’ acts testament to how the duo’s sound have progressed over the past three years. But with four tracks already released, the burden fell upon the seven unreleased tracks to show the duos Electro stylings in a fresh and positive light.
First heard in late 2010 and showcasing a somewhat fresh melodic stance on the duos sound, ‘Arrive Beautiful Leave Ugly’ starts the album off with bleep-happy stamina. As ‘You Will Do What We Will Do’ emphasizes the simple dotted melodies that Dada Life have come to specialize in, ‘Everything Is Free’ and ‘Boing Clash Boom’ extend the duos sound to a more playful and party-hard height.
But in the aggressive grinding of ‘Bass Don’t Cry’ – by far the more inventive of the albums tracks – as well as soft spoken Progressive finale ‘Don’t Stop’, we see a more sophisticated sense of development in the Swedes’ overall sound – an ironic aural statement given their rule book. But for a collective that suggests ‘If you’re stuck, there’s only one solution: go harder’, Rules Of Dada poses a considerable problem: the album remains glued to a sound no harder than its predecessor. Likely to balance mixed enthusiasm from their global following, to dismiss this hotly tipped record would be unjust given the considerable quality maintained throughout. Without rocking the boat too severely, ‘The Rules of Dada’ captures the essence of Dada Life’s well-developed sound with a few surprises along the way, including a beautiful grand finale.
Update (5/10): Preview ”Boing Clash Boom” below.
Pre-order on iTunes (Out October 16).
01. Kick Out The Epic Motherfu**er (3:22)
02. Feed The Dada (3:03)
03. Arrive Beautiful Leave Ugly (3:49)
04. So Young So High (3:41)
05. You Will Do What We Will Do (4:00)
06. Happy Violence (3:48)
07. Rolling Stones T-Shirt (3:22)
08. Bass Don’t Cry (3:20)
09. Everything Is Free (4:17)
10. Boing Clash Boom (3:52)
11. Don’t Stop (5:21)
Names of the only public samples available at this point can be found below.
Arrive Beautiful Leave Ugly:
Bass Don’t Cry:
Words by Dan Carter
17 Comments to “Dada Life to release new album ”The Rules Of Dada” on October 16”
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 20 May, 2013
- WOWWOWMaison & Dragen - WOW all day
- EchoesEchoesHenrik B, Niklas Gustavsson & Peter Johansson – Echoes all day
- BuzzcutBuzzcutBingo Players - Buzzcut all day
- Never Say GoodbyeNever Say GoodbyeHardwell & Dyro feat. Bright Lights - Never Say Goodbye all day
- Bad GuyBad GuyGregori Klosman & Tony Romera - Bad Guy all day
- PhantomPhantomFehrplay - Phantom [Pryda Friends] all day
- 21 May, 2013
- 23 May, 2013