Returning from his tour across Brazil, MYNC’s Mark Brown is back to helm yet another edition of his Cr2 Live & Direct radio show ahead of a summer filled with live showcases on the White Isle. With the Ibiza International Music Summit winding down, Brown returns to mix duty to bring us Live & Direct episode 62, kicking his Ibiza season off with a mixture of Avicii’s forthcoming remix of Lenny Kravitz ‘Superlove‘, Flashmob’s hotly tipped Ibiza contender ‘Need In Me‘, Denzal Park’s ‘Amarok‘ and more.
For our selection of the week, we turn the spotlight to Eric Prydz’s newly released Pryda album yet again, shedding light on Pryda’s ‘Sunburst’ and ‘Mighty Love’ as well as a spin of Tube & Berger’s recent remix of Pleasurekraft and Belocca’s ‘Murdered Out‘. Joining the show for this week’s guest mix is Musical Freedom artist Avesta, featuring a 30 minute mix of private mashups and a fairly distinguishing selection of tracks.
01. Sander van Doorn & Adrian Lux – Eagles [Doorn] w/ Inpetto – No More Serious Faces [Cr2] (Jacob Van Hage Mashup)
02. Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay – In My Mind (Axwell Mix) [Axtone]
03. Avicii vs. Lenny Kravitz – Superlove [Big Beat]
Beat My Day Live
04. Pryda – Sunburst [Virgin]
05. Pleasurekraft & Belocca – Murdered Out (Tube & Berger Remix) [Suara]
06. Eric Prydz & Andreas Postl – Mighty Love (Instrumental Mix) [Virgin]
07. Chuckie & Gregori Klosman – The Numb3r5 [Big Beat / Cr2]
08. Funky Green Dogs – Fired Up [Twisted]
09. Flashmob – Need In Me [Defected]
10. Steve Mink & Katt Niall – Everyday (Electric Youth Remix) [Cr2]
11. David Herrera – Rocking Da Crowd [Cr2]
12. Til Von Sein & Tigerskin – Good Times On The Reg [Dirt Crew]
13. Pryda – Allein [Virgin]
14. Jensby – Foldback [Cr2]
15. Denzal Park – Amarok [Neon]
16. Avicii & Nicky Romero – Nicktim
17. Romeo Blanco – Hero [White]
18. Fedde Le Grand, Deniz Koyu & Johan Wedel vs. Tiësto & Autoerotique – Work Hard, Turn It Hard (Dannic MashUp)
19. Nervo – You’re Gonna Love Again (MYNC Stadium Remix) [EMI]
20. Freddy See – Dreamers [Cr2]
21. Hardwell – Spaceman [Revealed] w/ Nari & Milani – Atom [Size] (LENNYRAY MashUp)
Avesta Guest Mix
22. Pryda – SW4 [Virgin] w/ Celeda – The Underground (Acappella)
23. Analog People In A Digital World – Rose Rouge (Tocadisco Remix) [Hysterical]
24. Thomas Gold – Sing2Me [Axtone] w/ Kings Of Tomorrow feat. Julie McKnight – Finally (Acappella)
25. Miike Snow – The Wave (Thomas Gold Remix) [Axtone]
26. Avesta – Arena [Musical Freedom]
27. Jonas Törn – Boss [White]
The club and the arena have come to share a universal soundtrack of Electronic anthems. Farshid Abdi, better known under his Avesta moniker, is well aware of this, as portrayed in his aptly titled outing for Tiësto’s Musical Freedom label. In a blaze of heart rending keys and superior melodic stylings, the energy and consistency of this well-groomed notch in the Progressive House yearbook is a testament to the support that has reigned in from David Guetta, Erick Morillo and Tiesto himself. Encapsulating the raw capacities of Dutch House alongside an accumulation of traditional synth play and heavy-handed lead work, Avesta successfully diverts attention away from Europe’s dominating nations by putting Switzerland firmly back on the EDM map with a suitably anthemic debut for Musical Freedom.
Words by Dan Carter
The label that has primarily become a release platform for unique talents brought forth by the discerning liking of label honcho Laidback Luke unearths the unexperienced yet aspiring Swiss producer Avesta to make his second appearance on Mixmash Records, now teamed up with B Valley. Following in the footprints of Avicii, Afrojack and others breaking new ground with the support and involvement of the Dutch veteran, his ability and volition to discover and develop new talents is by all means widely known. And with an extensive row of up-and-comers already forging the advancement of Mixmash Records, Dutchano is to build and thrive on the foundations of fellow head of Mixmash as it comes re-edited on behalf of Laidback Luke himself. From mellow and sparkling synth lines, followed by a systematic array of drums, to a plump and mighty pinnacle drop along the lines of a bass-dominated touch of Dutch house, Dutchano, which makes up piano and Dutch combined, comes on the heels of former Mixmash triumphs such as Ticket To The Sky and Natural Disaster.
Here’s a preview of an upcoming remix made by Pedro Henriques of Avesta & Mark M – Leyenda, out September 28th through Spinnin Records, check it out!