With more than a decade worth of envelope-pushing releases under their belt, Dutch duo Chocolate Puma continue to keep things fresh and exciting with new single ‘2000 People’ for Laidback Luke’s Mixmash Records. Embracing their knack for intense percussive developments, ‘2000 People’ features wonky yet sexy beat work and their signature carnevalesque grooves while trampling on the more exotic extensions of modern house music.
Out today on Beatport.
Back on remix duty, Holland’s long serving house-masters Chocolate Puma take on Orlando Voorn’s ‘In Da Jungle’. Always found trampling on the more exotic extensions of modern house music, Chocolate Puma take the 2007 techno original through the motions of their signature sexy beat work and carnivalesque grooves. By far one of the most abstract club numbers to hit Big & Dirty of late, this Dutch rumble in ‘da’ jungle is as indicative of the open-minded summer clubbing season as it is Holland’s affinity of experimental House protagonists.
Out April 29th.
Always on hand to prove that there is more to Dance music than high-pitched synths and grind-heavy Electro House, Dutch House outfit Chocolate Puma start off the New Year right with the release of their remix of Mayra Veronica’s ‘Ay Mama Mia.’
Embracing their knack for intense percussive developments, Gaston Steenskist and René ter Horst’s latest remix plays out with the same carneval-esque stylings that we have come to love and associate with this long-serving Dutch duo.
Out today on Beatport.
There is no denying that the Winter season isn’t the most welcoming of climates to body, soul and spirit. Try telling that to long-serving Chocolate Puma; an eclectic House duo who have proven immaculacy adept at bringing a little light to the party come rain or shine.
With Swedish House Mafia singing their praises on their on-going One Last Tour, Chocolate Puma return to release their drum-heavy Winter mix of the year. Rife with the carnevalesque stylings that they have become something of a beacon to and collecting tracks from all across the spectrum, the duo’s latest mix should be enough to keep us warm throughout the cold times ahead.
01. Hermann – Tumblin’ Down (MK’s Dub – Chocolate Puma Edit)
02. Jack Fell Down – Bounce (Chocolate Puma Edit)
03. Nathan Barato – Hard Werq [Defected]
04. Yousef – Beg (Hot Since 82 ʻFutureʼ Remix) [Defected] w/ Full Intention, Haze – Signification (Rogerseventytwo Dub) [Strictly Rhythm]
05. So Phat! – A Love Bizarre (Solomun Remix) [Peppermint Jam]
06. T3ktone – Beat Of The Drum (Erick Morillo & Harry Romero Remix) [Subliminal]
07. René Amesz – Back Once Again
08. Trancesetters – The Search (Armand Van Helden Remix) [Touché]
09. Blake Baxter – Sexuality (Chocolate Puma Edit)
10. Green Velvet & Harvard Bass – Lazer Beams [Cajual]
11. Chocolate Puma – Go-Go Boots [Pssst Music]
12. Chocolate Puma, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano – Stiffness [Size]
13. Gregor Salto feat. Gerardo Rosales – Paranda Loca (Chocolate Puma Edit) [G- REX]
14. Mayra Veronica – Mama Mia (Chocolate Puma Dub)
15. The New Iberican League Vs Groove Armada – Get/Pull Up! (Chocolate Puma Mash Up)
16. Bizarre Inc. – Playing With Knives (Chocolate Puma Organ Bootleg)
17. Chocolate Puma & Firebeatz – Just One More Time Baby [Spinnin]
18. LL Cool J – Mama Said Knock You Out
19. Angger Dimas – Hey Freak! [Mixmash]
20. &Me – Glaced (Chocolate Puma Edit) [Keinemusik]
21. Blawan – Hiding Bodies (Chocolate Puma Edit) [Hinge Finger]
22. Re.You – People (Chocolate Puma Edit) [Saved]
Never ones to rest on their laurels, longserving House masters Chocolate Puma are joined by versatile Dutch peer Gregor Salto for ‘Gimme Sum’.
Pitting the duo’s characteristically carnevalesque drum work alongside an infectious rerunning vocal sample and rhythmic progressions, ‘Gimme Sum’ plays out aptly to the forward-thinking take on Dance music we have come to associate with this eclectic Dutch threesome. In hopes of raising the bar where open-minded club music is concerned, Chocolate Puma and Salto continue their ongoing quest to enrich the industry with yet another abstract club number of experimental House music.
Always found trampling on the more exotic extensions of modern House music, The Netherlands’ long serving Housemasters Chocolate Puma are joined by rising homeland peers Firebeatz for ‘Just One More Time Baby’ on Spinnin Records. Having scaled the industry with a number of assorted monikers, the duos definitive ear for carnivalesque grooves pervades this quirky collaborative number throughout, while Firebeatz add a flare of melodic sample work to extend this. By far one of the most abstract club numbers to hit Spinnin of late, this double-Dutch rumble in the jungle is as indicative of the open-minded summer clubbing season as it is Holland’s affinity of experimental House protagonists.
Words by Dan Carter
The experimential project Nouveau Yorican, consisting of the two brilliant producers Laidback Luke and Gina Turner, and their latest single called Chiuso, their third ever, returns to the prestigious Defected Records to be released yet again, this time in the shape of a remix from no other than the Chocolate Puma, gracing the original with an imperial set of drums!
The experimential project Noveau Yorican, consisting of the two brilliant producers Laidback Luke and Gina Turner, and their latest single called Chiuso, their third ever single, returns to Defected Records to be released yet again, this time in the shape of a remix from no other than the Chocolate Puma! It’s due to be released on March 9th, have a listen!
The BeatThiefs have made a new track called Umbungo. It’s getting released soon through Big & Dirty Records featuring a remix from Chocolate Puma. Check them out below!