Just a stone’s throw away from Size Records 100th release to date, budding Miami threesome GTA, Henrix and Digital Lab unite to unleash the label’s third single of 2013, ‘Hit It’. Already given a formative test run at Size In The Park and more recent airplay on Pete Tong’s Essential Selection radio show, ‘Hit It’ relentlessly sweeps the various dimensions of modern dance music, leaping from moderately euphoric synth work to low-end digressions of peak time floor fuel with fluent energy throughout. Far from the cookie cutter schematics that have overridden the industry of late, the trio unites to pen an undeniable landmark in the label’s ever-reliable ear for ground-breaking talent.
Out today on Beatport.
Words by Dan Carter
Set to storm the industry with his debut album ‘People of the Night’ alongside studio partner AN21 this summer, Max Vangeli continues the trend of excitement with a powerful instalment of his monthly podcast series. Besides his own halfhour mix made up of private mashups and edits as well as incorporating Sick Individuals’ debut original for Size Records ‘Drum Machine’ and Third Party’s unreleased remix of Stooshe’s ‘Fuck Me‘ and more, the May 2012 edition also features a carefully prepared 30 minute guest mix from Miami-based Digital Lab, including the likes of Tommy Trash’s ‘Cascade‘, an enigmatic mashup from Gregori Klosman and more.
01. Sick Individuals – Drum Machine [Size]
02. Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound [EMI] w/ Dirty South & Those Usual Suspects feat. Erik Hecht – Walking Alone (Acappella) [Phazing] w/ Qulinez – Troll (Sick Individuals Remix) [Size] (Max Vangeli Mashup)
03. Nari & Milani – Atom [Size] w/ Stooshe – Fuck Me (Third Party Remix) [Warner] (Max Vangeli Mashup)
04. Hard Rock Sofa – Quasar [Axtone] w/ Diddy, Dirty Money – Coming Home (Dirty South Remix) [Interscope] w/ Daft Punk – Aerodynamic [Virgin]
05. Porter Robinson – Language [Big Beat]
Digital LAB Guest Mix:
06. Tommy Trash – Cascade [PinkStar] w/ Sgt. Slick – Everyday (Digital Lab Remix) [Vicious] (Digital LAB Intro Edit)
07. Jack Back feat. David Guetta, Nicky Romero & Sia – Wild Ones (NO_ID Remix) [Big Beat]
08. Steve Aoki feat. Wynter Gordon – Ladi Dadi (Tommy Trash Remix) [Dim Mak] w/ Labrinth – Last Time (Knife Party Remix) [Sony] (Digital LAB Edit)
09. Doman & Gooding – Hit Me With The Lights (Swanky Tunes Remix) [Superficial]
10. Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl feat. Georgi Kay – In My Mind (Axwell Mix) [Axtone] (Edit)
11. Steve Aoki feat. Kid Cudi & Travis Barker – Cudi The Kid (Third Party Remix) [Ultra]
12. Digital LAB – We Belong To The Night [Vicious]
13. Bingo Players, Gregori Klosman, Knife Party & Danny Wild – Fuckin Rattle Space Friends (Gregori Klosman Bootleg)
Following the globally successful remix of Sgt Slick’s Everyday, Digital Lab teams up with his wingman Pedro Henriques to release their sequel to the Vicious single from late January. This time, bringing the Belgium-stationed Yves V, that gained recognition from being a part of Madagascar alongside Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike andAngger Dimas, on board for another ride towards Australia and Vicious Recordings with the dynamic Forever. With the trenchant mix of acid-aspiring sounds and big room synth leads, this tune is nothing short of awaited. Whilst also having a remix on Fire In Your New Shoes coming up, they are yet again entering the spotlight with the release of this meaty production.
The American current with an immense 2011 contender named Eyes is showcasing a new remix for one of his many trademarks – Fire In Your New Shoes. The single that has been fronted by a brilliant take from Sultan and Ned Shepard is now returning in a new shape. Following a remix for Kaskade just prior the Miami festivals in March, Digital Lab brings aboard his partner in crime, Pedro Henriques, to render a stunning instrumental to the well-known vocals from Dragonette. Teaming up again for a follow-up to Tonight on Vicious in January, another uplifting remix on Kaskade is coming up, have a listen!
Following the globally successful remix of Sgt Slick’s Everyday, Digital Lab teams up with his wingman Pedro Henriques to unveil their sequel to the Vicious single from late January. This time, bringing the Belgium-stationed Yves V on board for another ride towards Australia and Vicious Recordings with the dynamic Forever. With the trenchant mix of acid-aspiring sounds and big room synth leads, this tune is nothing short of awaited.
Kaskade dropped his acclaimed album, Dynasty, back in May of 2010 and has, ever since, released all singles involved seperately with some massive remixes being featured in each package. Call Out, featuring the amazing voice of Mindy Gledhill, is now the one to smash the charts! It comes in a package on Ultra Records along with an outstanding remix from Digital Lab, who’s previously responsible for his highly-supported remix of Everyday.
The North American producers Digital Lab, Adrien Mezsi and Pedro Henriques join forces to produce a smashing remix of the duo Deep Dish’s immortal track Say Hello. These three talents have shown off great potential lately and this year can’t go nothing but successful for the shooting-stars. This remix is now being given away for free, don’t miss out on this one!
With a massive production – made together with wingman Pedro Henriques – just out, Digital Lab continues to impress by dropping yet another successful production, a remix of Mr. Timothy’s Fly Away featuring an incredible vocal by Amba Shepherd! It’s available now through the Aussie label, Vicious Recordings!
With the amazing remix of Sgt Slick’s Everyday on the shelves, Digital Lab continues his impress marsch towards the top as he teams up alongside Pedro Henriques dropping their new track called Tonight. It’s already been supported by the two Belgium brothers Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike and has now been released through Vicious Recordings!
With the amazing remix of Sgt Slick’s Everyday on the shelves, Digital Lab continues to impress as he teams up alongside Pedro Henriques preparing their next release called Tonight. It’s already been supported by the two Belgium brothers Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike and is set to be released on January 31st through Vicious Recordings, have a listen!
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 23 May, 2013