Fresh off the heels of his infectious offering ‘Lanzarote’ alongside Todd Terje, Scandinavia’s eclectic club connoisseur Hans-Peter Lindstrøm turns his sights to the unsuspecting handiwork of New York Indie mob Grizzly Bear.
Already renowned for his first-in-class ability to craft potent floor fillers from outside of the modern comfort zone, that Midas touch lays no exception when faced with the melancholic stylings of ‘Gun Shy’. Unapologetically uplifting and rich in nostalgic Disco licks throughout, the Norwegian embraces razor sharp keys and toe-tapping grooves to successfully prove that there is still room to craft skillful remixes from outside of the cookie-cutter template that has been set within mainstream Dance music.
Words by Dan Carter
Around this time last year, Todd Terje released what later became one of the anthems of 2012. This time around, the Norwegian producer combines forces with homeland asset Hans-Peter Lindstrøm for ‘Lanzarote’.
Showcasing vintage melodic play and blistering undertones, Terje’s new work alongside Lindstrom comes packed with the same feel-good vibes that have characterised his outside-of-the-box approach to modern House gems. In the same laidback manner as in previous releases, the lazy Disco stylings of ‘Lanzarote’ make for a sound first release of the New Year for the two Norwegian producers.
Out today on Beatport.
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 20 May, 2013
- WOWWOWMaison & Dragen - WOW all day
- EchoesEchoesHenrik B, Niklas Gustavsson & Peter Johansson – Echoes all day
- BuzzcutBuzzcutBingo Players - Buzzcut all day
- Never Say GoodbyeNever Say GoodbyeHardwell & Dyro feat. Bright Lights - Never Say Goodbye all day
- Bad GuyBad GuyGregori Klosman & Tony Romera - Bad Guy all day
- PhantomPhantomFehrplay - Phantom [Pryda Friends] all day
- 21 May, 2013
- 23 May, 2013