Following on from the highly-successful original release late last year, Mat Zo and Porter Robinson’s ‘Easy‘ receives a fresh coat of paint courtesy of a diverse remix package featuring the likes of Modek, Lemaitre and Botnek.
Maintaining much of the original’s vocal work and uplifting vibes, Modek’s ‘Bright As Day’ remix takes the lead with bubbly synths and swift hi-hats, turning ‘Easy’ into an upbeat House gem in it’s own right. In an equally stellar manner, elusive Norwegian duo Lemâitre are on hand with their signature vintage synths and feel-good vibes, leaving it to Botnek to round out the package with an electro house rendition.
Out today on Beatport.
Having taken their forward-thinking sound to the charts and back, elusive Norwegian duo Lemâitre return onto the radar with an official remix for Mat Zo and Porter Robinson’s ‘Easy’.
Touching on yet more of the rising producers’ maturely refined sound, this Electro-tinted remix showcases their signature blend of bubbly lead play and feel-good vibes. Bouncing off the vocals with uplifting melodic play and those vintage synth spots we now associate with the duo, ‘Easy’ is given a dignified remodel that extends the hysteria surrounding this evident contender for the throne of European House sovereignty.
Out April 14th.
Following on from the highly successful original release last month, Mat Zo and Porter Robinson’s ‘Easy‘ returns for round two courtesy of an official remix from Belgian producer Modek.
Maintaining much of the original’s vocal work and uplifting vibes, the first official remix of ‘Easy’ digresses from the peak-time stylings that pervade the original. Sailing through bubbly synths and swift hi-hats, Modek turns the acclaimed ‘Easy’ into an upbeat House gem in it’s own right.
Out soon on Ministry Of Sound.
Having both celebrated prolific years at the forefront of electronic music, American Electro advocate Porter Robinson unites with London’s Mat Zo to unify their developed studio dexterity for ‘Easy’. Originally a Mat Zo original that Robinson was keen to remix, this prolonged collaborative effort fuses Zohar’s aptitude for tightly woven melodic progressions with Robinson’s boisterous peak time hallmarks. Providing a well-rounded club track rich in uplifting energy, the first track to formally emerge from Porter’s recent collaborative run sets the precedent to an all-time-high alongside the fast-ascending Anjunabeats favourite.
Out today on Beatport.
Update (21/12): ‘Easy’ just hit #1 on Beatport.
Update (8/3): The official video has been released.
Words by Dan Carter
Handing the show over to a very select and stellar few up-and-comers from both sides of the Atlantic, last night’s episode of Pete Tong’s Essential Selection show saw Madeon, Otto Knows, Disclosure and Porter Robinson on hand with a four-part take-over.
In addition to discussing their steady rise to international acclaim, Madeon gives us some insight, Otto Knows chats with Burns for the first time and confirms that Alesso’s ‘Clash’ will be out next month, Disclosure turns back the clock with a couple of tracks from Fingers Inc and Joy Orbison, and Porter Robinson reveals some details regarding how his upcoming collaboration alongside Mat Zo came about.
Additionally, each was given the honor of picking their own Essential New Tune, resulting in that this week’s prestigious title fell in favor of Zedd, Alesso, Shadow Child and Mat Zo & Porter Robinson.
Madeon – Pop Culture
Madeon – Finale [Popcultur]
Lemaitre – Time To Realize [Lemaitre]
Russ Chimes – Back 2 You [Positiva]
Martin Solveig – The Night Out (Madeon Remix) [Mixture]
MADEON’S ESSENTIAL NEW TUNE
Zedd – Stache [Interscope]
Otto Knows – Million Voices [Refune]
Buy Now – For Sale [Superstar]
Pryda – Rymd [Pryda]
Burns – Lies (Otto Knows Remix) [Columbia]
OTTO KNOWS’ ESSENTIAL NEW TUNE
Alesso – Clash [Refune]
Disclosure feat. Sam Smith – Latch [PMR]
Fingers Inc. – Bring Down The Walls [Trax]
Joy Orbison – Hyph Mngo [Hot Flush]
Jessie Ware – Running (Disclosure Remix) [PMR]
DISCLOSURE’S ESSENTIAL NEW TUNE
Shadow Child – The Verdict Part 2 [Food]
Porter Robinson – Language [Ministry Of Sound]
Wolfgang Gartner – Fire Power [Kindergarten]
CHVRCHES – The Mother We Share [National Anthem]
Neon Indian – Polish Girl [Arts & Crafts Mexico]
PORTER ROBINSON’S ESSENTIAL NEW TUNE
Mat Zo & Porter Robinson – Easy [Anjunabeats]
ONE MORE TUNE!
Bondax – Baby I Got That [Just Us/Relentless]
Premiered by Pete Tong on his Essential Selection radio show last night, American Electro advocate Porter Robinson unites with London’s own Mat Zo to unify their developed studio dexterity for ‘Easy’. Off the back of Robinsons’ chart-topping solo offering ‘Language’, his latest collaborative effort fuses Zohar’s aptitude for tightly woven melodic progressions with his own boisterous peak time hallmarks. Providing a well-rounded club track rich in moments of uplifting energy, the first track to formally emerge from Porter’s recent collaborative run sets the precedent to an all-time-high alongside the fast-ascending Anjunabeats favorite.
Due for release soon on Anjunabeats.
Update (24/11): A full stream of the track is now available.
Porter Robinson and Ministry Of Sound TV combine forces to release the official video of his latest single ‘Language‘ merely four months after its release. As directed by Jonathan Desbiens, the video is based around a woman attempting to outrun a pack of wolf-like creatures. While the storyline may appear a tad ambiguous upon first view, a closer look reveals that it flawlessly mirrors that of Heather Bright’s angelic vocal line. But its somewhat intricate storyline aside, the video plays out seemingly well to the track’s divine melodic progressions and makes for a nice change to the many forgettable music videos currently in rotation.
Buy the track on Beatport.
With the sun kissed season of summer clubbing upon us, 20-year-old Electro phenomenon Porter Robinson will make the second of his Swedish pit stops at Stockholm’s club Ambassadeur this Friday, July 27. From ‘Say My Name’ to the coming-of-age industry belter ‘Language’, the young American has eclipsed the expected standard of his age bracket and become synonymous with the impeccable present and the ever-promising future of Dance Music in the process. But with collaborations alongside Zedd, Arty and Mat Zo in the pipeline and his Tomorrowland debut set for this Saturday, the fourth edition of the Stockholm nightclub’s newly launched summer concept ”Nightbeats” will see the young stateside crowd pleaser take to the decks for his first solo show in the Swedish capital.
To commemorate the occasion, Beat My Day is offering an exclusive guest list for the show, giving Porter Robinson fans a chance to catch his show at Ambassadeur free of charge. To enter, simply fill out the form below with your full name, age (18+ required) and e-mail.
Guest list spots will be distributed on a first come first serve basis and each successful applicant will receive entry for themselves +1 before 23:30. Doors open at 22:00.
The guest list is closed.
Official video teaser for Porter Robinson’s ‘Language’
With merely six days left of Porter Robinson’s hectic tour across the U.S., set up in a bid to promote the young American’s latest release ‘Language‘, Robinson stops by the Beatport office in Denver ahead of tonight’s showcase at the Odgen Theatre for an in-office live video stream. Apart from the young blooded Electro warrior, London-based Anjunabeats ward and accompanying tour act Mat Zo is brought along to showcase parts of his tectonic studio output as well as his diverse musical preferences.
11min – Mat Zo’s set begins
34min – Porter Robinson’s set begins
01. ID (34min40sec)
02. Modek – Goose Offender [Bronson]
03. Martin Solveig – The Night Out (A-Trak Remix) [Mixture] w/ J-Trick & Reece Low – I’m So Hot (Deorro ”Ton!c” Remix) [Club Cartel]
04. Porter Robinson – Say My Name [Glamara]
05. Flux Pavilion – Bass Cannon (Porter Robinson 2 Minute Electro Bootie) [White]
06. Seven Lions – Tyven [Viper] w/ ID
07. Nero – Innocence (Feed Me Remix) [MTA] w/ Qulinez – Troll (Sick Individuals Remix) [Size] w/ Calvin Harris – Feel So Close [Ultra]
08. Alex Mind – Demand It [Braslive] w/ Leon Bolier – Me [Spinnin]
09. ID w/ 2Edit – Datsun Tropicalia (Torro Torro Remix) [Party Like Us]
10. ID w/ Morgan Page – Strange Condition (Inpetto Vocal Mix) [Nettwerk]
11. BT feat. JES – Every Other Way [Black Hole] w/ D-Mad – She Gave Happiness (Arty Remix) [Enhanced]
12. Porter Robinson – Unison (Mikkas Remix) [Owsla] w/ Black Tiger Sex Machine – Rhythm Mode (Charlie Darker Remix) [Kannibalen]
13. Porter Robinson – Language (Original vs. ID Remix) [Big Beat]
Still at large on the global airwaves and collecting the finest talents from across the board, MYNC’s Mark Brown makes for yet another positive instalment of the Live & Direct radio show. Scaling the likes of Avicii’s take on Lenny Kravitz ‘Superlove‘, Pryda ‘Javlar’ and Dan Ghenacia and Shonky’s ‘Close To The Edge‘, episode 63 caters for a wide range of tastes amid the shows undisputable surge in popularity.
Following a diverse guest mix from the Japanese Popstars, Porter Robinson joined the show for this week’s second guest mix, delivering a total of 16 tracks mashed up in an intense 30 minute mix.
01. Lee Cabrera vs. Thomas Gold – Shake It (DJ PP ‘Terrace’ Remix) [Cr2]
02. Do Santos – Running [Cr2]
03. Flashmob – Need In Me [Defected]
04. DJ PP & Festa Bros – ID [White]
Beat My Day Live
06. Pryda – Javlar [Virgin]
07. axisOne – Vega [Macarize]
08. Dan Ghenacia & Shonky – Close To The Edge [Apollonia]
09. 9Five – Smoke [Cr2]
Japanese Popstars Guest Mix
10. Daphni – Ye Ye [Text]
11. Guy Gerber – Timing [Cocoon]
12. Joris Voorn – Blank [Green]
13. Donna Summer – I Feel Love [Casablanca]
14. Continuous Cool – Automatic [Cyber]
15. Josh Wink – Higher State Of Conciousness [Strictly Rhythm]
16. Surkin – White Knight Two [Marble]
17. Avicii vs. Lenny Kravitz – Superlove [Le7els / Big Beat]
18. Steve Angello – Knas [Size] w/ Sean Miller & Daniel Dubb – Sinnerman [Toolroom]
19. Avicii vs. Nicky Romero – Nicktim [Mixmash]
20. Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Steve Angello Remix)
21. MYNC – Stadium [Fly Eye] w/ Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime [Axtone] (MYNC’s Reboot)
22. Mark Knight – Alright [Toolroom]
23. AN21 & Max Vangeli vs. Steve Angello – H8RS [Size]
Porter Robinson Guest Mix
24. Knife Party – Destroy Them With Lasers [Earstorm]
25. Marcel Woods – Black Angus [Musical Madness]
26. Gareth Emery & Ashley Wallbridge – Mansion [Garuda]
27. Dirtyloud & Alex Mind – Dirty Mind [Burn The Fire]
28. Knife Party – Tourniquet [Earstorm]
29. Chuckie – Who Is Ready To Jump [Big Beat / Cr2]
30. Plump DJs – Gobstopper [Grand Hotel]
31. Pink Fluid – We Run The World [Sound Division]
32. Bart B More – Traction [Secure]
33. Chris Lake – Sundown [Ultra]
34. Dirtyloud vs. Felguk – Nudge [Dongle]
35. Knife Party – Internet Friends [Earstorm]
36. Tonite Only – Haters Gonna Hate (Nicky Romero Remix) [Downright]
37. John Dahlback – Soldier [Spinnin]
38. Maison & Dragen – Rio De Janeiro [Zouk]
39. Marcel Woods – 3stortion (Marcel Woods Treatment) [High Contrast]
/Jesper & Anton
Today's Events / Releases
Upcoming Events / Releases
- 23 May, 2013